TRS Logo
What should I do if my retirement allowance (or other) check is late, lost, or stolen?

You should log into the secure section of our website and access our Outstanding Checks feature in the Payments section. This feature will allow you to request that TRS reissue unclaimed and outstanding TRS pension payment checks via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).

  • Unclaimed checks are uncashed checks 90 days or older.
  • Outstanding checks are uncashed checks 10-89 days old

If you have not set up EFT, you will need to do so before TRS can reissue your payments. TRS requires that unclaimed and outstanding pension checks are only reissued via EFT, not by check. Retirement payments are generally reissued via EFT in 5 business days. Checks are only issued if your EFT cannot be verified.

If you have set up EFT since the check was issued, your unclaimed check will automatically be reissued to that EFT account.

For checks other than retirement payments, you will need to file an Affidavit for Missing Check (code BK2). In general, checks other than retirement checks will be reissued 15 business days after receiving the completed form.

If you are unsure if you have outstanding funds due you, you may access the Unclaimed Funds feature in the Resources section. This lists checks issued by TRS that have not yet been cashed after at least 90 days.

If your missing check was cashed, TRS will mail a copy of the cancelled check to you. If you still suspect that a check was stolen, you can file an Affidavit for Forged Check (code BK1).