How to Use Help:
- Get general help by clicking the "Help" button in the upper right corner of the website.
- Get help with specific tasks by clicking on the icon wherever it appears.
What's on TRS' Website:
Click one of the links below to get help on that section of TRS' website:
- My Home is your secure, central place for viewing and managing your TRS account.
- Using My Home can save you time and effort: Instead of filing paper forms, you can accomplish many account-related tasks online.
You must log in to access My Home.
- Enter your username and password in the fields provided on TRS' home page. Be sure that your Caps Lock key is not on. If you are not on the home page, click "Login" directly below the TRS logo to go to the login box.
- If you do not remember your username or password, click one of the "forgot username or password?" links below the login box.
- If you do not have a username and password, click "Not Registered?" on the upper left of TRS' home page to register.
- If you previously logged into TRS' website using your Social Security number and PIN, you must now create a username and password. Click "Not Registered?" to register.
- If you need help during the registration process, click .
- News: features up-to-date news items of concern to TRS members.
- Calendar: displays upcoming dates for payments, statement mailing, and dates for making investment changes.
- Investment Returns: shows the performance of TRS' Passport Funds for the recent quarter and past years.
- Unit Values: provides the monthly unit value for TRS' Passport Funds.
- Board Highlights: provides an overview of the actions taken at the most recent meeting of The Teachers' Retirement Board.
- Surveys: displays the results of any recent TRS member survey when they become available.
- Forms: provides access to TRS forms for in-service members, retirees, and beneficiaries, some of which can be completed online.
- Educational Programs: features information about the onsite and online programs TRS offers regarding the retirement process, TRS benefits and services, and TRS' Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) Program.
- Unclaimed Funds: enables you to check if any unclaimed funds issued by TRS belong to you.
- Passport Funds: describes each of TRS' Passport Funds. Separate pages show each fund's objective, returns, and asset allocation.
- Unit Values: provides the monthly unit values for TRS' Passport Funds.
- Historical Data: shows fund performance, unit values, and total investments value over time.
- Quarterly Reports: provides links to the quarterly reports for TRS' Pension Fund investments that are published by the Office of the Comptroller.
- Filing Dates: provides the schedule of filing and effective dates for QPP and TDA investment changes.
- Newsletters: provides access to TRS' newsletters--In-Service News for in-service members and Benefits Report for retired members.
- Guides: enables you to view or print TRS' informational guides and brochures. This is where you will find booklets such as our TDA Program Summary, Fund Profiles, and TRS Retiree's Companion, as well as dozens of brochures on specific TRS topics.
- Financial Reports: allows you to view or print reports such as TRS' Annual Report and Investment Portfolios.
- Our Mission: contains TRS' mission statement.
- Benefits Overview: provides a general description of TRS' benefits, including service retirement allowances, TDA Program participation, loans, disability coverage, and death benefits.
- Membership Eligibility: lists the eligibility guidelines for employees of the City University of New York, participating New York City Charter Schools, and the New York City Department of Education.
- Our Retirement Board: provides an overview of the makeup of the Teachers' Retirement Board, its meeting schedule, meeting summaries, and meeting webcasts.
- Our Checkbook: provides a searchable database of TRS expenditures. You may view expenditures, sorted by date range, for Category, Payee, or Transactions.
- Using the Site: describes how to best view our website, and how you can access/print our publications and forms. Our Legal Note and Privacy Statement are also included.
- Contact Us: provides the information you need in order to call or visit our Member Services Center, or reach us by mail. There are also Contact Us links at the top and bottom of every page.
- FAQs: features Frequently Asked Questions, which provide the answers to many common questions about TRS' programs and services. FAQs are organized on different pages for general users, in-service members, retirees, and beneficiaries of members.
- Glossary: provides an alphabetical list of terms that we use to describe our benefits and procedures.
Site Map: provides a map of our website. There are Site Map links at the top and bottom of every page.
Search: allows you to search our website by typing a phrase in the box in the upper right corner of the site and clicking "Search."